“KiSS 92.5 $10,000 Thursdays with Roz & Mocha” Contest Rules
Contest starts at 7:10am Monday, October 29, 2012 and ends at 8:10am Wednesday, October 31, 2012, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary.
1. To enter the KiSS 92.5 $10,000 Thursdays with Roz & Mocha contest (‘the Contest’), listen to KiSS 92.5 for the cue to call to be announced each weekday of the contest period (‘the Announcement’). Announcements will be made Monday – Wednesday at 7:10am and 8:10am (all times are Eastern time). When you hear it call 416-870-8888 and present your story to the independent representative of Rogers. Presenting your story will instantly qualify you to be a finalist. Three (3) random draws will be made each Wednesday from the qualifiers and those three (3) qualifiers will become finalists for a chance to win the $10,000.00 CDN Grand Prize, which happens on Thursday, November 1, 2012. The three (3) finalists will be required to share stories, deliberate and decide who of the three (3) finalists deserve to win the $10,000.00 CDN Grand Prize. The three (3) finalists will have approximately 30 minutes to come to a unanimous decision as to who deserves to win the $10,000.00 Grand Prize. If the three (3) finalists cannot come to a unanimous decision on who should walk away with the $10,000 CDN, Roz & Mocha will randomly draw an online entrant and the online entrant will instantly win the $10,000 Grand Prize. In the event KiSS 92.5 extends this contest, previous winners/qualifiers are ineligible to qualify and/or win any future KiSS 92.5 $10,000 Thursday contests.
Callers will have five (5) seconds to respond once the call is answered. If the telephone line is dead when answered, or no audible response is heard, or no one responds after five (5) seconds, KiSS 92.5 will answer the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call. In the event a call is cut off before all personal data is collected, KiSS 92.5 will make its best efforts to make contact with the cut off caller provided enough personal information was gathered in order to correctly identify the cut off caller. In the event two (2) or more calls come through on the same line, all such callers will be advised to hang up and try again and the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call.
- All finalists must attend the KiSS 92.5 studio at 333 Bloor Street East, 5th Floor, Toronto, Ontario on Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 5:30am and remain until approximately 9am. If a selected finalist cannot come in, another qualifier will be randomly selected and so on, until we have three (3) finalists who can attend to participate for their chance to win.
- Finalists CANNOT split the $10,000.00 CDN Grand Prize and will be immediately disqualified if this is their unanimous decision. If this is the unanimous decision, the $10,000.00 CDN Grand Prize will be awarded to a randomly selected online entrant.
- Online entrants can enter one (1) ballot into the contest per day. Online entries will be used ONLY in the event that the finalists cannot come to a unanimous decision as to who deserves the $10,000.00 Grand Prize. Online entrants may also try to qualify through the on-air method above.
- If an online entrant cannot be reached at the time we call them, we will select a new online entrant and so on, until we can make successful contact with an online entrant via telephone.
2. Multiple individuals in one household may attempt to qualify on-air to be a finalist as often as they like, however there can only be one (1) winner/qualifier per household during the contest period. “Household” includes every individual residing at the same municipal address.
3. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value in the case of unavailability of the advertised prize.
4. In order to win, the selected Qualifier must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing question, posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time. Rogers judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
5. The selected Qualifier will be required to return a signed release and acknowledgment form before being declared a winner.
6. By entering this Contest, each Qualifier consents to the use of his/her entry, name, and city of residence and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by Rogers and/or its advertising agencies, without further compensation. Winners consent to their photograph and video being taken by Rogers for such use, without further compensation. All entries become the property of Rogers.
7. Contest is open to all residents of Toronto and areas within the KiSS 92.5 radio broadcast signal who are 18 years of age or older and whose home address has a postal code which begins with “M” or with one of the following sets of digits:
L0A, L0B, L2R, L0C, L0S, L0E, L4J, L4C, L0G, L6Y, L6P, L0N, L6V, L7G, L0H, L3C, L0M, L1A, L0J, L4C, L4Y, L0R, L2T, L0A, L2M, L2T, L1Z, L2E, L1J. L6R, L0P, L7A, L4A, L4B, L4Z, L7A, L4E, L7G, L4M, L6A, L4N, L4P, L1B, L1C, L1E, L1P, L1V, L1S, L3P, L3S, L3T, L3Y, L3Z, L6Z L4G, L4H, L4K, L4X, L1W, L5L, L5V, L5G, L5M, L5R,L5S, L5A, L5T, L5N, L5E, L5K, L6C, L6E, L6S, L6X, L7C, L7E, L7J, L7L, L7M, L7N, L7B, L4W, L7P, L7K, L7R, L7S, L7T, L8E, L8G, L8H, L8J, L8K, L8L, L8M, L8N, L8P, L3R, L0R, L8R, L8S, L8T, L6A, L8V, L8W, L9A, L9B, L9C, L9G, L9H, L9L, L9K, L9N, L9P, L9R, L7G, L9S, L9T, L1X, L3X, L4T, L9W, L3Y, L7G, L5C, L6H, L6J, L6K, L6L, L6M, L9V, L9W, L1G, L1H, L5B, L1J, L1K, L1L, L1N, L4L, L1T, L1P, L1R, L1M. L2V, L2P, N3R, L2S, L5H, L5J, K9K 1V3, N1S, N1R, N3L, N3T, N0B, N1G, N1P, N1T, N2K, N3C, N3H, N3T, N1H, N0G, K9A, K0L, L0L, L2N.
Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
8. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
9. All entries become property of Rogers who assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for failure of any telephone or radio equipment during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, broadcasting and communications hardware or software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s property related to or resulting from playing or downloading or accessing any material in the Contest. Rogers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Rogers corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Rogers not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing, advertising or broadcasting any aspect of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any system or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment and cancellation by Rogers without notice. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
12. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
13. By entering this Contest, the entrant confirms that he/she has read and understood and accepted these Contest rules and regulations, and voluntarily assumes all risks in connection with the Contest, the prize and their use. Entrant understands that the Contest and/or the Grand Prize may involve some danger, exposing the entrant and/or his/her family to any risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable and/or unforeseeable human error and negligence and that, as a result, the entrant and/or his/her family may suffer serious personal injury, illness or even death as well as damage to or loss of property. Participant nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death, or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred by the entrant, his/her family, heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors arising out of or connected with entrant participating in the Contest and waives any and all claims the participant and winner may have arising in connection with this Contest and the prize. And further agrees that he/she will sign a standard form releasing Rogers, their agents and/or suppliers of service, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all liability arising in connection with this Contest or the Prize, including without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from the acceptance of the Prize(s) as awarded and confirming compliance with Contest rules, whether suffered by the Participant, winner, or his/her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission or negligence of Rogers, their agents and/or suppliers of service, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies. Entrant further agrees to pay all costs of any emergency evacuation of the entrant and/or his/her property that may become necessary for any reason whatsoever.